Here is the data to find your comparable sales. Part 1 of this series will give you an idea of how to use this data, but if you are confused or want further advice, call the Department of Assessments. They are very helpful and really want your assessment to be right!
Prince George's County Department of Assessments and Taxation Maryland Department of Assessments & Taxation 14735 Main Street, Courthouse Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 301-952-2500 (phone) 301-952-2955 (fax) email@example.com
To find out if you are protected by the Homestead Tax Credit, go to http://sdat.dat.maryland.gov/RealProperty/Pages/default.aspx and scroll to the bottom. You do not qualify if the house is not your principle residence. If you want to see if the credit was applied on your current bill, go to http://taxinquiry.princegeorgescountymd.gov/
The Excel spreadsheet with all MLS sales in 2017, sorted by sold price:
- Updated Cheverly Assessment appeal Microsoft Excel – updated 1/21/18 to exclude distressed sales like foreclosures, short sales and estate sales.
- Updated Cheverly Assessment appeal Excel – older version – updated 1/21/18
- Updated Cheverly Assessment appeal CSV file – updated 1/21/18
Detail of each sale – Updated 1/21/18 Updated Cheverly sales detail description
Same info, all updated 1/21/18, sorted by:
- Living area square fee (does not include basement): Updated Cheverly Assessment appeal SF sort
- Number of bedrooms: Updated Cheverly Assessment appeal BR sort
- Lot size: Updated Cheverly Assessment appeal lot size sort
Other articles in this series:
- Part 1 – General information gleaned from the 2 tax appeal clinics at the Cheverly American Legion.
- Part 2 – Advice from a neighbor who just got her worksheet and had a long conversation with the Assessment office.
- Part 3 – About the Homestead Tax Credit and if you might sell in during this 3 year assessment cycle.
- Part 4 – This page – Links to spreadsheets and data and helpful webpages.