What they didn’t do is provide a link to Washington Consumer’s Checkbook magazine – one of the best magazines any homeowner can subscribe to.
From their website – here’s what they are:
CHECKBOOK is a Unique Rating Service:
Nonprofit & unbiased
Accepts no advertising
Prevents ballot-box stuffing
Expert articles and advice
I have researched waterproofing companies, appliance repair companies, tree service companies, pest inspection companies…and have always felt the information I got back was well worth the $34 for 2 year subscription.
From their website – here’s what you get for your hard-earned $34:
With a CHECKBOOK subscription, you get:
- Immediate online access to the current issue of CHECKBOOK, and two years of new reports, ratings, and advice
- Immediate online access to CHECKBOOK’s Neighbor-to-Neighbor information exchange, where subscribers share recommendations and comments on specific businesses
- Immediate online access to Checkbook’s guides to Top Doctors, Hospitals, and Diseases & Treatments information
- Four comprehensive semi-annual print issues, plus newsletter updates between each issue, mailed to you
- Subscriber-only discounts on ratings categories in the CHECKBOOK archive
- Subscribe Now …
I repeat. Subscribe Now. Since they don’t accept advertising, they need your subscription to keep providing this excellent service.
(c) 2011 Susan Pruden