HIP’s Homebuyer University*
*note – registration required.
REGISTER: To register for the workshop, contact Cherelle Silue at 301-699-8031.
Interested in buying a home?
Now is the time to get your degree from HIP Services’ Free Homebuyer University
This 8-hour homebuyer workshop will arm you with the knowledge and confidence to jump into the real estate market and make the right choices for you.
Workshop topics will include:
- Getting your financial ducks in a row
- How much house can I afford? (And do I want as much house as I can afford?)
- Will the bank say YES?
- Don’t lose your shirt – how to avoid predatory lenders
- How do I buy a foreclosed property and do I want one?
- Where to find free down payment money…sort of
- The daunting closing documents and procedures
- I got my dream house – now what??
- Am I in to stay? How to avoid foreclosure
Location and Time:
Prince George’s County Association of Realtors
8400 Corporate Drive, Suite 225
Landover, MD 20784
Saturday January 29, 2011
9am to 5pm
**Lunch will be served**
MATERIALS: You will receive a valuable workbook filled with information, examples and resources for buyers.
DEGREE AWARDED: Upon completing the 8-hour class, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion” which is a prerequisite to applying for many downpayment/closing cost assistance programs, including the American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI), Prince George’s County Neighborhood Stabilization Program, and MMProgram (CDA).